PMC Isochem offers an expertise of more than 30 years in hydrogenation technology with a total hydrogenation capacity of 22m3 for custom manufacturing and catalogue products.
Your benefits from PMC Isochem's offer
Hydrogenation involves three components: a substrate, hydrogen and a catalyst that can be heterogeneous or homogeneous. This mixture is either a two phase or a three phase system in which the reaction often generates an important heat flow. Otherwise, this reaction can be performed at different temperatures and pressures depending upon the substrate and the catalyst's activity. The successful scale-up of a hydrogenation process relies on mastering three key points:
- First, a three steps mass transport system: Gas/liquid - Liquid/solid - Diffusion in catalyst
- Second, hydrogen feed
- Third, heat flux
- Stainless steel and glass-lined 2.8 bar pressure reactors from 4000 L to 8000 L
- Stainless steel 2000 L, 40 bar hollow-shaft gassing technology (Biazzi)
- Useful range of temperature is between -5°C and 130°C
- Capability of H2 storage ~ 4000 m3
- H2 flow up to ~ 325 Nm3/h
First class R&D
- Our laboratory is equipped with homothetic reactors to the industrial ones.
- PMC Isochem R&D team is used to select the best catalysts among metals like Pd, Pt, Rh, Ru, Raney Ni. Particular care is taken to control metal content in final products according to ICH guidelines.